Bridge Builders Counseling
311 Judges Road
Building 1, Unit E
Wilmington, NC 28405
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday,
8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
(Last appointment starts at 7 p.m.)
Group sessions offered on
Parenting Coordinators are court appointed professionals assigned to high conflict child custody cases following the final divorce decree or parenting plan approved by the Judge. The role of the Parenting Coordinator is to help carry out the provisions of a child custody order and improve the co-parenting skills of divorced parents. A Parenting Coordinator acts in the best interest of the child and helps reduce the time, expense, and stress of going to court over important but often unsolvable issues. The fees of a Parenting Coordinator are substantially less than an attorney's fees and there is no lengthy wait to get a court date. These matters are handled in the office of the Parenting Coordinator once assigned to the case.
Who Needs a Parenting Coordinator?
In high conflict child custody cases where there is unresolved pain between the parents, physical and/or verbal abuse (or threat of abuse), multiple court hearings, and when the focus is more on the parent's desire to win rather than the child's best interest, a Parenting Coordinator may be appointed or agreed upon by both parents after a custody order has been signed by the judge.
What Does a Parenting Coordinator Do?
A Parenting Coordinator helps divorced parents:
- improve communication skills and co-parenting skills,
- bring the focus and attention back to the child,
- help navigate scheduling issues including visitation, traveling, and vacations,
- provide education and insight regarding the child's well being in aspects related to school, overall health, and mental/emotional stability,
- save substantial time and money by ending petty litigation
Parenting Coordinator Qualifications
A Parenting Coordinator with the state of North Carolina has to meet the following strict guidelines:
- Master's degree in psychology, law, social work, counseling, medicine, or a related subject area
- At least five years of related professional experience and training
- Current practicing license
- Parenting Coordinator and Guardian ad Litem training with topics related to the developmental stages of children, the dynamics of high-conflict families, stages and effects of divorce, problem solving techniques, mediation and legal issues
- Parent Coordinator continuing education courses
Parenting Coordinator at Bridge Builders Counseling
Bridge Builders Counseling is proud to offer Parenting Coordinator services in the greater Wilmington, NC area. In addition to the role of Parenting Coordinator, Bridge Builders Counseling also offers Parent Therapy and Family Therapy services as well as Supervised Visitation.
Contact Bridge Builders Counseling in Wilmington NC today to set up a meeting with our Parenting Coordinator: 910-792-9888.